Juicing is an easy and delicious way to make your skin even more healthy and glowing.
With juicing, you get almost all of the nutrients from fruits and veggies in one healthful, delicious drink.
You don’t have to eat the foods individually to get their incredible skin and health benefits.
And who knows if that’s even possible!
Find out here exactly how juicing can help your skin.
Benefits of Juicing
It’s recommended that you eat 8 or 10 servings of fruit and vegetables each day. This will provide the vitamins and minerals needed to stay healthy.
Of course, this can be very difficult to do—unless you’re juicing.
With juicing, you get all the important nutrients in one daily serving of an easy-to-digest liquid.
Another benefit of juicing is you don’t consume the fiber from the fruits and vegetables.
Fiber is great for your diet. But too much fiber can cause bloating, gas, and constipation. And no one wants that!
There are still other benefits of juicing!
Juicing allows the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables to be absorbed more quickly and efficiently by your body. This is because your body isn’t working to digest the accompanying fiber.
Are you ready to juice? Here’s how.
How Do You Juice?
The best appliance for juicing is a hydraulic or pneumatic juice press. It extracts the skin, seeds, peels, and pulp from the juice while leaving all the important vitamins and minerals needed for healthy and hydrated skin.
You can also use a manual juicer or blender, but it’s a slower process and pulp needs to be removed manually.
The removed pulp doesn’t have to be wasted. Try it in veggie burgers, in a soup, or with some baked goods recipes such as carrot cake muffins.
Make juicing part of your daily routine. Or simply start by juicing a few times a week. You’ll be excited to see the difference in your skin!
Juicing will help your skin develop a healthy glow, decrease inflammation, and help heal skin tissues.
How Juicing Helps Skin
Fruits and vegetables are great for your skin. They contain many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help your skin look younger, healthier, and more glowing.
Juicing also helps the collagen in skin—and this is so important.
Collagen is the substance that gives skin its elasticity and youthful bounce. Collagen production lessens as we age. So, it’s increasingly important to support collagen production through diet.
Include these Vitamins in Your Juicing Routine
- Vitamin A prevents acne, supports the skin’s immune system, speeds up healing, and hydrates the skin with a radiant glow.
- Vitamin C (an antioxidant) helps with collagen production and keeps skin moist and wrinkle-free longer. It helps heal damaged skin and repair and prevent dry skin.
- Vitamin E is an effective anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamin K helps with healing of acne, bruises, scars, and stretch marks. It helps maintain collagen production and keeps skin more elastic, plumper, and smoother.
- Carotenoids prevent dry skin, acne, and skin damage. They also increase the skin’s UV protection.
- Antioxidants prevent damage from UV rays and help the skin repair itself. They reduce inflammation and make the skin glow. They also reduce free radicals in your skin and help prevent wrinkles.
A Word About Sugar
You want to be mindful of your blood sugars. Add in some greens and healthy fats (such as chia) to help manage blood sugar and make the juice more satisfying.
Avoiding ingredients with high sugar content may also prevent breakouts.
If you notice you get acne after juicing, see if a juice made from vegetables makes a noticeable difference.
Improve Your Skin by Juicing These Fruits and Veggies
Here’s a list of top delicious fruits and vegetables that work great in juices.
Find out which ones you want to incorporate into your juicing recipe.
Then, stay true to your juicing routine and watch as your skin takes on a renewed glow and a more youthful appearance.
- Apples—Apples are an excellent source of antioxidants. They also add sweetness to your juice recipe.
- Beets—Beets are chock full of nitrates, which help with blood flow to the skin. They are great for your body and clean the liver and blood. This can help reduce toxins in the skin. Beets also have anti-inflammatory nutrients, including Vitamin A, C, and K, and potassium.
- Broccoli—High in antioxidants.
- Carrots—Carrots are rich in vitamins and minerals, including beta-carotene (a type of Vitamin A), Vitamin C, carotenoids, and biotin. Beta-carotene is a potent antioxidant that prevents cell degenerations.
- Celery—Reduces inflammation and helps with hydration. It also helps balance blood sugar. Celery can help flush unwanted saturated fats out of your system, helping with your skin’s oil production.
- Cilantro—Helps clear skin.
- Cucumber—High water content makes it great for juicing and helps your skin with hydration—keeping it from getting dry or flaky. Contains antioxidants.
- Ginger—Helps reduce skin inflammation.
- Grapes (Red)—Contains resveratrol to keep skin healthy and remove free radicals.
- Kale—Contains tons of vitamins, antioxidants, calcium, iron, copper, and magnesium. Excellent for anti-inflammatory properties. Helps fight acne and maintain skin cell health.
- Lemons—Add a zesty flavor to juice. Full of Vitamins B and C and citric acid. Helps clean kidneys and blood, which in turn cleanse skin.
- Oranges—Rich in Vitamin C. Its antioxidants help protect against UV ray skin damage.
- Parsley—Provides lots of Vitamin K.
- Spinach—Has lots of carotenoids. High in antioxidants.
- Tomatoes—Lots of carotenoids and antioxidants.
- Watermelon—Great for hydration. Very sweet and tasty.
Here’s One Easy Juice Recipe to Get You Started
Want to get your skin looking fresh and healthy?
Try this delicious veggie combination for glowing skin.
- Celery (2 stalks)
- Beets (2)
- Carrots (8)
- Spinach (1 cup)
- Parsley (1 cup)
You may also be interested in these helpful blogs on diet and skin:
- Delicious Foods for Glowing Skin and What to Avoid
- The Best Vital Nutrients for Your Nail, Hair and Skin Health
- The Keto Diet and Your Skin
Contact us at Vibrance MedSpa for ways you can look and feel better.