Maintaining a routine of regular facials will keep your skin healthy and youthful looking. The benefits of facials include repairing skin, reducing age-related conditions, and preventing acne. A qualified esthetician can help create a facial routine that is right for your skin type.
What's it Like to Get a Basic Facial
There are a few different varieties of facials. Some help with sun damage, others are more focused on acne. Regardless of which one you choose, there are a few basic steps you can expect during any facial.
- Prepping: Just about every esthetician will give you a wrap to go around your body. They will leave the room for this step. You will be able to take off any of your clothing and jewelry. This step allows you to be totally comfortable during your facial.
- Cleansing and Skin Analysis: Your esthetician will use a headband to cover your hair during the treatment. Next, they will use a sponge, cotton pads, or wipes to remove any makeup and provide an initial skin cleansing.
There will most likely be two cleansings during your facial. During this time your skin will be analyzed. Your determined skin type may be dry, oily, sensitive, or a combination. They will also look at your skin condition and determine what products to use.
- Steam: Based on your skin type, steam may be used in the process. This relaxes your facial muscles and loosens up any blackheads or whiteheads.
- Deep Cleansing: At this point, the products your esthetician chose for your skin will be applied. Vibrance MedSpa uses only high-quality, medical grade products. This includes the use of a Clarisonic® Smart Profile skin transformational device.
Deep cleansings remove dead skin cells and dirt from the face for brighter skin, and extraction of blackheads result in a clearer complexion.
- Facial Massage and Mask: Once the deep cleaning is done, you will receive a facial massage. This relaxes your muscles and prepares you for a facial mask specific to your skin type.
- Final Application: Finally, products to strengthen and protect your skin will be applied, including a sunscreen. An at-home skin care routine will be recommended, to help maintain your skin’s health and appearance until your next professional facial in approximately four weeks.
Our Special Facial Treatments
Fire & Ice Facial: A multi-step clinical treatment that uses a resurfacing mask and rejuvenating mask to soothe and cool your skin.
Vibradermabrasion: Our crystal-free dermabrasion treatment is an extensive exfoliating treatment that polishes and resurfaces the top layer of skin.
Vi Peel: A mask applied to the face. It blends gentle yet powerful ingredients to improve tone, texture, and skin clarity.
NanoFacial by Rezenerate: A breakthrough in advanced skincare technology. It gives you the same outcome as more invasive techniques with no downtime.
Derma-Peel: Combine a Dermabrasion and customized chemical peel for a more intensive skincare treatment.
HydraFacial MD™: A multi-step treatment. It combines the benefits of hydradermabrasion, chemical peels, painless extractions, and delivery of needed nutrients.
Facials to Reverse Sun Damage
The sun can cause significant damage to skin. This damage often leads to hyperpigmented skin, also commonly known as age spots or sunspots. A regular facial can help reverse these spots.
A professional may use skin lightening creams that contain retinoids or kojic acid. These products also help slough off the top layer of skin so that brighter, undamaged skin can replace it.
- Fire & Ice Facial
- Vi Peel
Facials to Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Hydration is the key to reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Hydrated skin is resilient and provides a protective barrier against environmental insults. A facial will provide the ultra-moisturizing ingredients that the skin needs to keep it plump and youthful.
- Hydrafacial MD
- NanoFacial by Rezenerate
Facials to Exfoliate
Exfoliating the top layers of your skin allows it to repair itself faster. Exfoliation speeds up cell turnover so new, younger skin cells can replace old dead ones, giving your skin a healthier appearance.
- Fire & Ice Facial
- HydraFacial MD™
- Vi Peel
- Derma Peel
Facials to Unclog Pores
A professional facialist will also be able to provide extractions to unclog pores. He or she can safely perform this procedure to minimize any damage to the skin. This will not only improve the appearance of the skin, but also prevent acne in the future.
- HydraFacial MD™
The benefits of regular facials are important to keep your skin in top condition and healthy. The skin is an important organ and it should be taken care of as part of a regular health and wellness routine. For more information on finding a qualified esthetician, please contact us.